Monday, December 11, 2006
Holy moley Batman, or should I say holy bat crap. I seems we have been looking up the wrong rear ends for green house gases. Just when the wacos have us convinced that it is not the termites, but gas-guzzling SUVs that are destroying the environment along comes two studies that point us in another direction. So whose exhaust is the culprit now? After studying the exhaust systems of cows and humans, The Independent posted two articles giving us the real poop. Cows are clearly the main culprits, “Livestock are responsible for 18 per cent of the greenhouse gases that cause global warming, more than cars, planes and all other forms of transport put together.” “Livestock also produces more than 100 other polluting gases, including more than two-thirds of the world's emissions of ammonia, one of the main causes of acid rain.” “And their wind and manure emit more than one third of emissions of another gas, methane, which warms the world 20 times faster than carbon dioxide.” Yikes, batboy get your calculator 18% of polluting gases. That means that CO2 is only part of the other 82%. Just for simplicity we will say it is all of 82% and forget that nasty ammonia. Being an expert on bats I can speak with authority about birds that produce crap that is very rich in ammonia. I will stack up bird manure to cow pies any day. But I forgot farts. Do birds fart? What about insects? They may make small poops but there are trillions and trillions of them. I will bet my bat mobile on termites. Wild bears? We obviously need to study crap more. These two articles just scratch the surface, or should I say rake the muck. Muck? Gosh, there are a lot of horses too.
Thank God the Bat mobile and bats are still the good guys. But on the same day the Independent provided some clarity of the human contribution by measuring British citizens, “A study by the government-funded Carbon Trust puts the annual carbon footprint of the average Briton at 10.92 tons of CO2 - roughly half of the 19 tons of CO2 produced each year by the average American. You know this is a creditable study because the Americans are properly vilified for creating twice the problem. We have the most cows too. The research also demonstrates that our leisure and recreation pursuits - activities as diverse as watching a football match or taking a trip to the seaside - account for most of our emissions, rather than a lack of insulation or a predilection for 4x4 cars.” In fact commuting contributes only half of horsing around.
Bats, cows, birds, insects and humans horsing around is there anything else? Yup, misguided Ebola bacteria. No credit to Ecoli who are helping to kill humans eating spinach and horsing around at Taco Bell. The Independent is alarmed at Ebola wiping out gorillas. These pesky murders have got the wrong animal; it’s the cows stupid, not gorillas. Wonder if Ebola and Ecoli produce crap? Has anybody measured the amount of crap they produce? We won’t know if they are going to save the planet or destroy it if we can’t measure their crap. What about farts, do they fart?
Liberty or Death
Uncle Al has been relagated to mass media scap heap. Obama has taken his and Kerry's place as liberal spokesmen.
The only way Al can be heard is to be absolutely extreme.
Of course Al is a true leftist, meaning he is never deterred by the facts. The only time leftist change positions is when they no longer have traction for advancing their propoganda. Remember the only goals of a leftist is power and control. The issues are irrelavant.
Liberty or Death